Focused on the background
Melodex is designed to meet the particular needs for background music which are not well-served by more general-purpose solutions. The Melodex services support playback of up to 32 independent music feeds from a single Windows 10 PC. Key features include:
- 24/7 operation.
- Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware.
- Very high channel density.
- Dante integration.
- Simple remote administration.
- Detailed logging.
- Audio level equalization.
- Gapless playback.
- Stereo or mono mix option per output.
- Robust, configurable shuffling.
- High-quality upsampling.
- Limitless customization.
After initial output configuration, all music and playlist administration can be performed from anywhere with access to the file system, e.g:
- Desktop access either locally or using 3rd party desktop sharing tools.
- Shared folder access via Windows SMB/Samba.
- FTP/SFTP directory access by installing a 3rd party server application.
Music and playlists dropped in the incoming folder are immediately imported without interruption to the outputs. Incoming music is scanned to establish the audio level, which is used on playback to ensure a perfectly consistent output level without the need for audio compression. Changes take effect as the current tracks end. An advanced shuffle algorithm ensures tracks cannot be repeated prematurely even as playlists change.
MP3, AAC and FLAC audio formats and M3U playlists are supported. In most cases audio and playlists can simply be copy and pasted from consumer software such as iTunes.
This system is designed to make it easy to run parallel redundant systems. Audio, playlist and configuration can easily be synchronized according to specific customer requirements and preferences.
Unlike off-the-peg solutions, new features are always an option, no matter how specialized, e.g:
- Integration with other audio interfaces.
- Advanced scheduling functions.
- Support of additional audio / playlist formats.
- Publishing of “Now Playing” information.
- External triggering or synchronization.
- Voice over / public address integration.
- Control and configuration via web interface.
- Multi-site integration.
© Barjonas LLC 2018